Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20230919

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda for 09-19-2023

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: XXXXXXXXX

i3 Detroit 1481A Wordsworth St. Ferndale, MI 48220



Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.

Officer Reports

Treasurer & Budget

Treasurer's report: https://www.i3detroit.org/something

Bank balance $
Emergency Fund ($)
Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc. ($)
Allocated to Expansion (MEDC) ($)
Net $

REMINDER: Send state report (it gets emailed to Treasurer@.... Could that be changed to Accounts@ ?)



Senior Vice President

VP of Membership

VP of Activities & Classes

Member Advocate

Committee Reports

Fundraising Committee

Safety & Compliance Committee

No update.

Reports only expected in July. (Jan, could you tell us about Cintas?)

Moderation Committee

Old Business

Camera Review Review

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

special meeting on 2023-08-29

Suspend a member for one month due to repeated complaints and harassment.
Moved by Matt, Seconded by Evan
6 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS

Outstanding action items

New Business

Approve bylaws changes from last member meeting
Moved by Mark, Seconded by ??
X Ayes / X Nays
Result: PASS

Board Request: Help fund teachers visiting i3. [Jody]

  • Short version: There's a group of teachers, some local some not, who are visiting UPrep in Detroit for ProfDev. Their STEM coordinator wants to teach the group about 'kerspaces by bringing them to i3. Emily is going to do a resin workshop with them, which they intend to pay for. Given that they are teachers and hence perpetually underfunded, would i3 be willing to help offset the cost? Total cost is, I think something like $300 for the whole group. They are hoping to get that below $150, and of course less is better for teachers paying out of their own pockets. Any help i3 is willing to lend would be greatly appreciated.
  • [letter from organizer]


Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Approve bylaws changes from last member meetingMark??XXPASS
Suspend a member for one month due to repeated complaints and harassment.MattEvan60PASS

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed:
  • Funds appropriated:
  • Attendees:


  1. Chair
  2. Secretary

Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20230815 Board Meeting Minutes 20231017