Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20231017

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes for 10-17-2023

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: 7:38PM by MattA

Secretary Note: Quorum is reached (greater than or equal to 4 board members)

MattA chimes in to the meeting. Unfortunately, due to intermittent internet connection, JodyR will be the chairperson for this meeting.

i3 Detroit 1481A Wordsworth St. Ferndale, MI 48220



Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.


  • 7:39P meeting called to order by interim chairperson JodyR
  • hybrid meeting; online and in-person
  • be excellent
  • minutes will be online
  • only board members will be voting
  • meeting minutes will be posted
  • raise your hand if you want to talk
  • don't do side-conversations


Jody brings Officer Reports to the floor

Officer Reports

Treasurer & Budget

Treasurer's report: https://www.i3detroit.org/something

Bank balance $
Emergency Fund ($)
Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc. ($)
Allocated to Expansion (MEDC) ($)
Net $

JodyR as Treasurer

  • nobody is doing work as an official treasurer
  • no treasurer report is made available
  • bank balance is "relatively healthy"
  • bank balance is trending upward, not downward
  • no further report



Jody brings topic of Secretary appointment to the floor

  • DavidH says good to switch over whenever
  • Jody mentions it's on the adgenda under new business for later
  • will be handled in new business later in the meeting
  • DavidS says thumbs up to the new appointment




  • Updates from President?


  • Audio is breaking up for MattA
  • No updates from president because of audio

Senior Vice President

Sr. VP Lisa - not present

VP of Membership



  • 6 people progressed through phase 1
  • 5 through phase 2
  • 4 completed member-fication
  • 4 onto hiatus
  • 1 out of hiatus
  • 19 people on scholarship; $50 grant for those members
  • 90% scholarship budget used
  • a number of listed as members but are not actively paying dues
  • we're not sure of how many members we actually have right now, so that number will become more accurate
  • 2 people have left within the last month; 1 hiatus and 1 cancellation


Other member related news

CRM cleanup: based on member status; 32 storage plots are currently reserved by people who are no longer members. those people have been contacted to give them a chance to clean out to get that storage available for members

VP of Activities & Classes

7:46P Events - no updates

Member Advocate

7:47P MA - no updates

Committee Reports

Fundraising Committee

Jody updates on fundraising

  • people are being supportive, but there is noting specific to fundraising@i3detroit.org

Safety & Compliance Committee

There are no active committee members. We should put out the volunteer call when we do officer/zoco emails.

Cintas came out in September. The co2 extinguishers should be removed from the laser zone if we're not going to check them, Cintas said. They sent us a quote for those two.

Reports only expected in July. Changing this to September because that's when the extinguishers are due.


  • says easeman could do hydrotesting; will provide that information
  • $30 per cylinder


  • they said "tell us what you want to pay"


  • "$50 per"

Jody will follow up with cintas

Moderation Committee

7:51P No updates

Jody 7:52P

  • Any Q about committee reports?

Old Business


Secretary's note: this discussion is mistakenly being had about Member's Meeting minutes; and has since been resolved with understanding.

  • Jody: Approving minutes. Minutes should be reviewed.
  • DavidS says the minutes should be reviewed for proposal first and second
  • Frank and Jody say the minutes should be confirmed.
  • Nobody read the minutes
  • Tabled at 7:55P

Camera Review Review

There were two camera reviews done of the jewelry zone totaling the full month of September in response to machine damage and possible cylinder safety violation.


  • 2 camera reviews done, jewelery zone.
  • machine damage and cylinder safety violations


Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

Board: proposal to fund teachers resin class. Officer and zoco appointments Board and advocates: reminder that what is discussed in the channel is to be kept confidential. Updated new board to channel. Discussion of advocate business item. Discussion about confidentiality.

Outstanding action items

New Business

Infrastructure: IT zoco

Make Mark infrastructure co-coordinator in charge of the digital side.

Having a single person with a view and an architecture for of i3's digital shit is kinda needed if we want to make changes to it.

Mark has been been the de facto person with the overview and a plan for a while.
Moved by DaveH, Seconded by Jan
6 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS



  • reading of the proposal
  • DaveH moves the proposal
  • Jan seconds the propsal

Make David Smith Secretary.
Moved by FrankA, Seconded by Alex
6 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS


  • Vote on Secretary appointment


  • Discuss appointments of officers and zone coordinators. We need to name someone head of treasurer team. Do the people working on membership wish to be named and continue? James O'Dell wants to move on from VPAC and suggests it would be a good role for a new member. And we need to send out the zoco survey to inquire who has interest in staying/doing zoco posts.
  • JamesO wants to move on from being VPAC
  • Zoco posts need to be sent out to invite members
  • Survey needs to be sent to gauge interest
  • FrankA can send out surveys to ZCs
  • DavidS volunteers.
  • Mel was doing it.
  • Jody says check mailing list
  • Jody will help David find other ones.


  • How will people know what's available?


  • After the ZC survey is conducted. The vacancies email will go out.


  • We offer it to existing leadership, then send it out to all members.



Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Make Mark infrastructure co-coordinator in charge of the digital side.DaveHJan60PASS
Make David Smith Secretary.FrankAAlex60PASS

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 8:05P
  • Funds appropriated: $0.00
  • Attendees: 6 voting, 5 non-voting





DavidS (non-voting)


JodyR (non-voting)
DavidS (non-voting)
DavidH (non-voting)
Sebation (non-voting)

Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20230919 Board Meeting Minutes 20231121