Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20221220

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes for 12-20-2022

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:36 by Evan


Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.

Officer Reports

Treasurer & Budget

Treasurer's report: https://www.i3detroit.org/something

Bank balance $
Emergency Fund ($)
Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc. ($)
Allocated to Expansion (MEDC) ($)
Net $
  • Report not available.


  • Still doing the secretary thing.


Senior Vice President

  • Still going.

VP of Activities & Classes

Member Advocate

Committee Reports

Membership Committee

  • 5 New members this month.

Fundraising Committee

Safety & Compliance Committee

  • No update.
  • Reports only expected in July.

Moderation Committee

  • No upddate

Old Business

Camera Review Review

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

Outstanding action items

New Business

Appoint James O'Dell as VP of Activities in Classes in January.
Moved by Evan, Seconded by Matt
0 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS

Direct treasury to put emergency funds in CDs

We are actively losing money with a savings account, if we put it in CDs or some other investment thing we would be better off.

Bank of America does immediate withdrawal on CDs, so the only way we lose is if we withdraw three months of putting it in for a 1 year term, 6 months for longer terms, and even then we just lose the interest we would have otherwise gotten.
Moved by Mark, Seconded by Evan
0 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS

Discussion of Stuff

  • Appears that very few people are contributing and those that do are suffering from burnout.
  • Low on volunteers.
  • Things get done when someone is willing to do it, and some of that effort has dropped in recent years.
  • There is a recent increase in new members, and Frdiay tours are busy now.
  • To be successful, we need to be doing things at i3.
  • Should we have potlock events monthly to try and increase participation to get things done.
  • Meetings should be moved back to in person.
  • Try to list tasks in smaller chucks that can be done with contained effort in a manageable size.
  • Meetings could be both in person and virtual.
  • Paul would like to be VP of Onboarding

Appoint Paul Lee VP of Membership, and dissolve the VP of Membership Onboarding Committie.
Moved by Evan, Seconded by Matt
0 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS
  • To change member meetings to im person, this would need discussion and a member vote to change.
  • It's possible to attend existing meetings from i3.
  • What should the primary meeting be? Virtual first or in person first.
  • If we move to in person, we'll need to find a chair.
  • Create email with some tasks that need to get done and try to get them to happen each month.
  • Start with 4 tasks, give approximate time effort, description, and who to go to ask more questions.


Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Appoint Paul Lee VP of Membership, and dissolve the VP of Membership Onboarding Committie.EvanMatt00PASS
Direct treasury to put emergency funds in CDsMarkEvan00PASS
Appoint James O'Dell as VP of Activities in Classes in January.EvanMatt00PASS

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 20:18
  • Funds appropriated: $0
  • Attendees: 10


  1. Matt Arnold
  2. Charlie
  3. Drew
  4. David Henry
  5. Jan Henry
  6. Dave Hurt
  7. Evan
  8. Mark
  9. A'Lisa
  10. Paul Lee

Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20221115 Board Meeting Minutes 20230117