Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20221018

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes for 10-18-2022

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:41 A'Lisa

Virtual at https://www.i3detroit.org/meeting

Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.

Officer Reports

Treasurer & Budget

Treasurer's report: https://www.i3detroit.org/something

Bank balance $
Emergency Fund ($)
Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc. ($)
Allocated to Expansion (MEDC) ($)
Net $
  • No report or update.


  • Anyone volunteer to be the Secretary yet?
  • Board and leadership groups updated after the election?


  • No Update

Senior Vice President

  • Here and running the meeting tonight!

VP of Activities & Classes

  • James has been doing Circuit Python.
  • Might have a crochet class soon.
  • Should we move every Friday to in-Person tours?
    • This is a good plan as long as we have someone available to lead the tours.
    • Paul and Kevin are routinely there. Matt is also planing to attend as well.
    • Might make sense to still have the online as well.
    • Would be wise to monitor COVID levels.
    • If we make changes to the calendar, also update the slack reminders.
  • No longer a Maker Faire
    • Would like to try and find organizations in the area that could host.
    • Michigan Makers Meetup might be a good place to start.
    • If anyone has ideas of places, let Paul know on slack.

VP of Membership-Onboarding

  • At least 11 new people since July.
  • A number are stuck at the phase 1.
  • No current VP of Onboarding
  • Need to establish a committee.

Member Advocate

  • No updates

Committee Reports

Fundraising Committee

  • No update

Safety & Compliance Committee

  • Fire extinguishers certified in the last month.

Moderation Committee

  • No updates

Old Business

  • Motion:
    Motion to approve July meeting minutes
    Moved by Mark; Seconded by Evan
    0 Ayes / 0 Nays
    Result: PASS
  • No board meetings were held due to insufficient quorum in August.
  • Need to approve both the September and October minutes in November.

Camera Review Review

  • None Known

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

  • None known

Outstanding action items

  • None

New Business

  • VP of Onboarding
    • There was a committee meeting, but a number of people have dropped off.
    • Matt can work on the spreadsheet and let people in process an email to let them know that we're still working on it.
    • It's been a challenge to get setup to make keys.
    • It is a challenge to figure out who can grant and setup those willing to help with access.
    • Paul has managed to get the final phase done so that part of the queue is clear.
    • Scholarship has been lacking from process, but there have not been too many applicants at this point.
    • One current stopping point is the ability to create wiki users.
    • Paul is able to get into MakePi, but Matt is still getting errors.
    • Matt would also like to help out with CRM development.
    • Server needs updates to solve the key process. The short term plan is to make a stack of 50 keys with PINs so they can just be passed out as needed.

Establish a committee to handle Membership onboarding
Moved by Evan, Seconded by Matt
0 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS
  • Matt Arnold will chair.


Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Establish a committee to handle Membership onboardingEvanMatt00PASS

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 20:11
  • Funds appropriated: $0
  • Attendees: 10


  1. Mark Furland
  2. Evan Allen
  3. David Henry
  4. Jan Henry
  5. Matt Arnold
  6. Dave Hurt
  7. Paul Lee
  8. Mike Fink
  9. A'Lisa
  10. Drew

Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20220920 Board Meeting Minutes 20221115