Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20220621

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda for 06-21-2022

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: XXXXXXXXX

i3 Detroit 1481A Wordsworth St. Ferndale, MI 48220

Or

Virtual

Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.

Officer Reports

Treasurer & Budget

Operating Income report: https://www.i3detroit.org/wi/images/c/c1/OperatingIncomeReport_June_2022.pdf Monthly Financial Report: https://www.i3detroit.org/wi/images/e/ef/MonthlyFinancialReport_June_2022.pdf

Bank balance $79,843.94
Emergency Fund ($30,000)
Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc. ($24,869.31)
Allocated to Expansion (MEDC) ($22,029,79)
Net $2,944.84

Secretary

President

Senior Vice President

VP of Activities & Classes

VP of Membership-Onboarding

Membership status as of 1-June (Delta 1-May to 1-June)

  • Scholarship: 11 (No Change)
  • Hiatus: 123 (No Change)
  • Onboarding: 107 (+2)
  • Member: 144 (No Change)
  • Left: 58 (No Change)
  • Memberified two people yesterday that don't show up in these numbers due to how reports are generated many others are ready for memberification, I was doing a lot of traveling over the last few weeks so didn't do as many member appointments

Scholarship Fund

  • 12 Members on scholarship
  • $588 Allocated (30.8% available)
  • Average value of $49.00/scholar

Other News

  • I will be stepping down the middle of next month, walked Mel and Jody through my process, much of it is already documented. Will add helpful links to the VPoM HOWTO page

Member Advocate

Committee Reports

Fundraising Committee

Safety & Compliance Committee

No update.

Reports only expected in July.

Moderation Committee

Old Business

Camera Review Review

  • Camera Review of outside a side on 2022-05-05
  • Camera review of classroom 2022-05-28 to 29 for leaving a mess and scratching the tv
  • Camera review of welding between May 27th and 31st for leaving a mess
  • Camera review of who left front door open 2022-06-08

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

  • Discussion as to whether we require emergency contact info from new members
  • Discussion of disciplinary action relating to members violating the guest policy and leaving messes

Outstanding action items

  • Draft email about Rick resigning the board, Advocate appointments, and mention that we need a Treasurer. - Matt - Done
Action Item: Paul - Tour training class. Will schedule for this week and also at the next in person tours.
Action Item: Mark - Send email / put on member meeting agenda to pull the elections forward a month, so that the directors are known more than a week before the paperwork needs to get filed with the state.
Action Item: Paul - Send email or add a discussion topic for the next member meeting about the number of board members for the next term.
Action Item: Evan - Fix the front office heat in September.
Action Item: Jan - Figure out all of the rules needed for resrveable storage if we decide to do it.
Action Item: Jamie - Send emails to each of the zones to confirm what purchases
Action Item: Evan - Check with Woodshop and CNC about returning expansion funds.

New Business

Advocate+Board Powers

Should board and advocates have the power to suspend people on the spot till a meeting with board? Right now when people cause problems it might be a month of them causing problems before the board even tries to schedule a meeting.

COWBELL

Action Item Summary

Action ItemPOC
Check with Woodshop and CNC about returning expansion funds.Evan
Send email or add a discussion topic for the next member meeting about the number of board members for the next term.Paul
Figure out all of the rules needed for resrveable storage if we decide to do it.Jan
Fix the front office heat in September.Evan
Tour training class. Will schedule for this week and also at the next in person tours.Paul
Send emails to each of the zones to confirm what purchasesJamie
Send email / put on member meeting agenda to pull the elections forward a month, so that the directors are known more than a week before the paperwork needs to get filed with the state.Mark

Proposal Summary

No proposals.


Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed:
  • Funds appropriated:
  • Attendees:

Attendance

  1. Chair
  2. Secretary


Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20220517 Board Meeting Minutes 20220719