|Real Name||Nate Bezanson|
|E-mail Address||user-part "myself"URIs of the form "user-part "myself"" are not allowed., domain-part "telcodata.us"URIs of the form "domain-part "telcodata.us"" are not allowed.|
|Electronics Lab Coordinator|
Vice-President of Onboarding: 2015-2016
Vice-President of Member Retention: 2015-2016
Board Member: 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015
|Authorized to use:||
Husqvarna Designer SE
|Certified Trainer on:||
Ryobi P260 Impact Wrench
Introduction / Bio
Hi! Name's Nathaniel Bezanson. Nate is fine, unless there's another Nate around.
- email me: username "myself" at domain "telcodata.us"
- or by phone: NPA 248, NXX 379, suffix 3614.
- Spot-welder for battery-tab welding
My work schedule is somewhat random.
I'll be in town for months, then traveling for weeks or months. So, you might not see me around the space for a while, and then I'll be there every day, and then I'll be scarce again. Some of our other members work for the same company...
- Vehicle electronics, sensors, systems, particularly GPS/GNSS.
- Connectors, connectors, connectors.
- 2D and CNC routers, 3D CAD and CNC mills and 3D printers
- Electronic design and troubleshooting.
- DC power, whether that's +12V in cars or -48V in telco.
- In the distant past: PoS systems, barcode scanners, stuff like that.
- Even more distant: Cellular tower and MTSO equipment, provisioning.
- Prehistoric: Wireline/fiber transport networks, PDH/SONET, BITS sync.
- Electronics tinkering since I could hold a screwdriver
- Have built a few barely-eye-safe LED flashlights
- Know a bit about a lot: Cars, audio, rocketry, batteries.
- Licensed as a ham, but I never get on the air under Part 97.
- Part-15 though, now that's fun. Ask me about Ricochet.
- Am apparently a fairly accomplished solderer. Love to teach.
I own the Genie and most of the Acer 1440G Lathe. And lots of stuff in the Electronics Room.
I should document more. RecentChangesScraper ran on my desktop at home because mediawiki lacks the function internally. (Now we have #wiki-changes on Slack!)
Some of my wall-of-text posts explaining various aspects of the space: The twitterbot: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/i3detroit/2nhHcAVuW30/9JQotQRCfaoJ
This is my scratchpad for tools and links that should be in the toolkit prepared for the Roadside Skills class.
- Tire pressure gauge
- Small compressor
- Tire patch kit (reamer, inserter, worms, rubber cement)
- Small locking pliers
- Needle-nose pliers
- Headlamp and batteries
- Fuse tester or multimeter
- Spare fuses
- Jumper cables
This is my scratchpad for topics to present
at the Roeper coffee-talk on January 17th, 2013.
- We're hard-wired to hack and make
- Not doing so is a form of poverty / deprivation
- What makes us uniquely human
- We maintain deep and long-lasting social and romantic relationships / lonely/outcast / we put them in therapy.
- We use complex language to express abstract thoughts / illiterate / we have remedial programs.
- (and we enjoy doing these things, it makes us feel complete as humans)
- Stereo vision and opposable thumbs: Modify our environment (3D) / ____ we don't have a term for this. But I feel just as bad for their emptiness. / we put them in charge.
- What makes us uniquely human
- Minecraft as an outlet for kids who don't have 200 lbs of Lego
- Okay, so come do the real thing.
- Literacy: Books were expensive, so libraries were the community solution.
- Cost of publishing has dropped to nearly-zero
- So what's the next frontier?
- Hackerspaces, makerspaces, and schools
- How to approach this?
https://rainfordrestorations.com/2013/06/04/traditional-sloyd-tool-cabinet/ "Everyone human likes to move, so we came up with yoga, dance and sport to make movement more engaging and expanding. So too with woodworking and Sloyd."
Static pages sandbox
I have earned the NoseBleed MeritBadge
I have earned the AllNighter MeritBadge
I have earned the BloggittyBlogBlog MeritBadge
I have earned the CatHerder MeritBadge
I have earned the Event Host MeritBadge
I have earned the PowPowPowerWheels MeritBadge
I have earned the TourGuide MeritBadge
I have earned the CitationNeeded MeritBadge
I have earned the MeetThePress MeritBadge