Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20230620

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes for 06-20-2023

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:58 by Mark


Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.

Officer Reports

Treasurer & Budget

Bank balance $
Emergency Fund ($)
Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc. ($)
Allocated to Expansion (MEDC) ($)
Net $


  • No updates


Senior Vice President

VP of Membership

VP of Activities & Classes

  • Summer is busy for everyone
  • Most classes are being delayed till fall
    • Starting Halloween Party
  • Looking for someone to lead the effort
  • BBQ Meetup idea was also raised.

Member Advocate

Committee Reports

Fundraising Committee

Safety & Compliance Committee

  • No update.
    • Reports only expected in July.

Moderation Committee

Old Business

Camera Review Review

  • 3 requested, none completed.

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

  • Discussion of accidental board list moderation
    • Does anyone want to get the moderation emails?
    • Added additional board members.
  • Media Coordinator stuff
  • TODO: something about insurance?
    • Try to verify if the current policy covers both A and B side.
    • Check to see about last payments to insure it's current as well.

Outstanding action items

New Business

Media Zone

Appoint Jeff Pynnonen replacing Rob as the Zone Coordinator for Media Zone.
Moved by mover1, Seconded by mover2
3 Ayes / 0 Nays
Result: PASS


  • I remember discussing this last year and I don't remember the resolution but my calendar has a reminder to put this on the agenda now.
  • This is the last chance for this year, so probably we should decide forever.
  • This is apparently a standing rules change, do we care enough to do that or do we want to abandon this or do we just do elections better and sort out the rules later?
  • Don't really have time to make updates, so we'll leave things as they are.

Do elections in august, nominations before and after lakes: July 12 – 16
Have more time between elections and state reporting deadline.
Moved by A, Seconded by B
? Ayes / ? Nays
Result: ?


Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

ProposalMoved BySeconded ByAyeNayResult
Do elections in august, nominations before and after lakes: July 12 – 16AB???
Appoint Jeff Pynnonen replacing Rob as the Zone Coordinator for Media Zone.mover1mover230PASS

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 20:06
  • Funds appropriated: $0
  • Attendees: 9


  1. David H
  2. Jan H
  3. Jeff P
  4. Matt Arnold
  5. Dave Hurt
  6. James O'Dell
  7. Mark F
  8. Drew
  9. Mike Fink

Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20230516 Board Meeting Minutes 20230718