|Authorized to use:
|Certified Trainer on:
- Creating my own engineering set-up/workspace at home! Since I only decided to become a mechanical engineer in college, when COVID-19 hit and schools were closed, I returned home to my parents' tools: a couple of screwdrivers. Since moving up to Michigan with my boyfriend, we have been doing work to make our living space into a tricked-out engineering workspace. So far, we've built a couple of workbenches and shelves and picked out our own computer.
Skills, Knowledge, Interests
- I'm a Mechanical Engineer from Penn State who then started a graduate program at Stanford University, where I serve as a shop teaching assistant. I'm interested in designing consumer electronics and medical devices professionally and am looking forward to incorporating 3D printing, woodworking, and welding into my daily life. I enjoy mentoring other young engineers and have worked with groups like Engineering Ambassadors to teach young students about STEM.
- I also enjoy mechatronics and embedded systems. Am excited to see where these new skills take me.
Want to Learn
- Basic woodworking
- CNC milling
- Tricked out computer (waiting on those new Quadro graphics cards)
- 3D printer (just got an Ender 3!)