|This page contains historical information. It is provided for reference but does not reflect current information or policy.|
This page has been removed from search engines' indexes.
|Make Model||Lights: TBD, dimmer modules: American-DJ BPP-20|
|Date Departed||NO DATE DEPARTED|
|Storage Location||The six installed lights are mounted on overhead pipes, above the commons table area.|
|Documentation||Link(s) to on-line documentation|
|Other References||* Unofficial electronic schematic of BPP-20 dimmer module (Note that these modules have a proprietary controller interface, not a DMX512 interface.)|
Six theater lights are currently installed at i3 Detroit. There are five spotlights and one floodlight. All five spotlights were working at the time they were installed. The floodlight is missing its bulb. Other theater lights are in the user storage area. There are also two four-channel dimmer modules (w/o controller) in the user storage area.
- Please make sure that every theater light clamped to the overhead pipes has a safety chain/cable installed. At this writing, all six installed lights have safety chains.
Turn it On
Switch on circuit breakers 17 and 23b (labeled "Theater Lights") in the office subpanel on the south wall of the shop area. There are plans to make this more convenient, so stay tuned ...
Turn it Off
Switch off circuit breakers 17 and 23b (labeled "Theater Lights") in the office subpanel on the south wall of the shop area. There are plans to make this more convenient, so stay tuned ...
- Which circuit breakers power the theater lights? The outlet at the south end of the mounting pipe nearest to the Tree House is on the 15 Amp circuit breaker 17 in the office subpanel on the south wall of the shop area. The power cord that runs from the overhead junction box on the north side of the theater light mounting pipes is on the 20 Amp circuit breaker 23b in the office subpanel on the south wall of the shop area.
- How many lights can be powered? Currently, there is one 15A circuit and one 20A circuit. Each spotlight draws 6.2A at full brightness, so there should be adequate power for five spotlights. Anecdote has it that the floodlight draws significantly more current than a spotlight, but there is no bulb in the floodlight at present so this cannot be quantified.
- A more convenient way to control (i. e., dim) the spotlights, possibly integrated with the space automation system (or via Twitter, which might be even more entertaining).
- A bulb for the floodlight.
The theater lights have been removed from the space. Condolences to anyone who had dreams of rock concerts in the sky zone.