Skutt KMT-822-3 Kiln
|Skutt KMT-822-3 Kiln|
|Reservation Calendar URL||Link|
|HOWTO Reserve Time on Equipment|
|Make Model||Skutt KMT-822-3|
|Part Number||Serial number 20103-117|
|Power Requirements||240VAC Single phase|
|Documentation||* Kiln Manual|
State of the art kiln with digital controller, wifi, and remote monitoring app. Purchased from Runyan Pottery in Clio, Mich.
- You must be authorized to use the kiln.
- Guests may only use the kiln if they are under the supervision of members authorized on the kiln. Members assume responsibility for guest usage.
- Vent must be turned on for every firing.
- Kilns should only be run if full. Less firings means better longevity of the kiln and parts.
- If you need to run a kiln but do not have enough work you should post in the slack. Chances are someone might have some stuff they would like to fire as well and Kiln can be shared.
- Post: Date of run, Cone temperature, and how much space you will have room for. Set up an arrangement for how you would like to split the cost of kiln use with fellow member(s).
- Kiln must be reserved on the i3 Calendar for every firing.
- Reserve on the calendar from time of loading kiln to time of unloading.
- Please be mindful when firing other users who may have kiln reserved afterwards. Please unload the kiln in a timely manner.
- If something arises and you will not be able to unload on time please communicate with whoever has the reservation scheduled after you.
- Members should never touch other members' work without their approval/consent.
- This means - You should not unload someone else's kiln, touch work that is on shelves drying, etc. If it's not yours do not touch it.
- The Kiln should NEVER be opened until the temperature has cooled to at least 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Users must use kiln wash, Kiln-cookie or kiln stilts under any work that could damage Kiln/Kiln Shelves.
- If a ceramic piece sticks to a kiln cookie and the kiln cookie is no longer usable. User is responsible for replacing kiln cookies for next members use or paying $2/replacement cookie fee.
- Users are responsible for any glaze drips Responsibility includes:
- Removing any glaze drips from kiln shelf
- Repairing any chips on kiln shelves caused by glaze or misuse
- Paying cost to replace kiln shelf if shelf is beyond repair.
- Changes to any established settings is not allowed.
- Custom firing programs are allowed.
- Take great care to avoid hitting thermocouple when moving furniture or loading/unloading pottery.
- Routine checking for debris inside kiln and vacuuming.
- Routine checking of thermocouple for cracks or damage.
Authorized Users and Trainers
|Trainer Name||Certified Date|
|User Name||Authorized By||Date of Most Recent Training|
|Annette Garza||Sabrina Good / Estefany||2023/11/8|
|Louis Wilson||Sabrina Good / Estefany||11/8/2023|
|Deb Scott||Sabrina Good / Estefany||11/8/2023|
|Nikki Ryder||Sabrina Good / Estefany||11/8/2023|
|Zach Sutton||Sabrina Good / Estefany||11/8/2023|
|Sthefanny Hincapie||Sabrina Good / Estefany||11/8/2023|
|Jacob Gedrimas||Sabrina Good / Estefany||11/8/2023|
|Dan Major||Sabrina Good / Estefany||11/19/2023|
|Rain/Rin H.||Sabrina Good / Estefany||11/19/2023|
|Roger Slykhouse||Sabrina Good / Estefany||11/19/2023|
|Kristina Schmidt||Sabrina Good / Estefany||11/19/2023|
|Kevin B||Sabrina Good / Estefany||11/19/2023|
|Andrew Lanagan||Sabrina Good / Estefany||11/19/2023|
|Simone E||Sabrina Good / Estefany||11/19/2023|