HOWTO Turn on the Lights using Home Assistant
(Redirected from HOWTO Turn on the Lights)
You can turn on and off all of the lights (and some other things) at i3Detroit without ever having to touch a light switch. There's a web UI that you can access from any smartphone or computer that is connected to i3's wifi.
- Connect to i3's WiFi.
- In your browser, go to http://10.13.0.22
- A homescreen bookmark of this page on your phone is really handy if you're at i3 a lot.
- There are also Android and IOS apps that are pretty great.
- A Home Assistant login screen should load. If not, make sure your device is connected to either of the i3detroit or i3detroit-wpa wifi networks.
- Select 'i3member' from the User list and click Next.
- In the bottom right corner, click 'Yes' under 'Do you want to stay logged in?' so you can bypass the login screen in the future.
- You should now see a bunch of groups of lights and other various devices. Click any of them to turn the corresponding thing on or off. Make sure no one is using a light before turning it off!
There are a few tabs along the top with various other controls and data visualizations if you want to explore. The pages are under construction so some things may look broken. More details on this setup can be found at Home Assistant.