Category:Injection Molding Shop
|Zone Name||Injection Molding Shop|
|Zone Slogan||"Beyond 3D Printing"|
|Zone Coordinator(s)||Thad Johnson|
|Paypal Button||Pay money to Injection Molding Shop|
- Thanks to Michael F. from the Lansing Makers Network for alerting i3 Detroit to the availability of these machines.
- Thanks to Jim K., Roger S., Nate W., Brian W., for hauling these unwieldy, messy, heavy machines from an unlit pole-barn in Ionia to our space under a tight deadline.
- Verify safety gate is functional
- Always shut down the air/hydraulics prior to reaching into a mold
- Take your time. Accidents happen because someone is in too big of a hurry.
Table of Equipment
ToDo List Notes
What am I promising to do if I put my name in a "Champion" box?
- Keep track of the status of that ToDo item
- Help coordinate work on that ToDo item to avoid duplication of effort
- Do as much (or as little) actual work on that item as your expertise and time allow.
- Most importantly, if it stops being fun, make noise! Fail loudly! If you're not seeing the progress you want to see on your ToDo item, let people know, ask for ideas and help.
Injection Molding Shop Infrastructure ToDo List
|Resin storage:||Some resin is in bins, some in paper bags, some in jugs. Regular bins OK for our old resin stock. Acquire more airtight bins/containers/barrels when new resin is purchased.||Done|
|Cooling water supply||Acquired radiator chiller from TIG project. Inspect, assemble, make work.|
Injection Molding Shop Support ToDo List
|Arburg Documentation||Arburg C4b manual (photocopy) is stacked on top of the machine.||Roger S.|
|Mold Fabrication||Tool steel appears to be impractical for our shop.
Forged/rolled Al plate (specialized mold alloy) proposed. Alumold 500 is available from Alro. Expect to get many hundreds of shots with a conservatively-designed mold made from the right aluminum stock.
Pages in category "Injection Molding Shop"
This category contains only the following page.