SlackTwit is a python script that uses the TwitterSearch and Slacker libraries to accomplish one goal:
"regular posts to a Slack channel of the recent results of a Twitter search"
- SlackTwit is installed on Skynet as a git repo at
- It logs to
- SlackTwit is configured as a cron job, like so:
0 * * * * date >> /var/log/SlackTwit/SlackTwit.log ; python /usr/local/bin/SlackTwit/SlackTwit.py 2> /var/log/SlackTwit/SlackTwit.err >> /var/log/SlackTwit/SlackTwit.log
- The .err file will only show the most recent error, that should be sufficient.
- The .log file will just show date information and tweets actually sent, it will need to be pruned annually or so?
- SlackTwit requires use of Slack and Twitter keys that are expected in a local private module.