Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20230103
- 1 Minutes for 01-03-2023
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Introductions
- 1.3 Show and Tell
- 1.4 Old Business
- 1.5 New Business
- 1.6 Zone updates
- 1.6.1 Automotive Zone
- 1.6.2 Bicycle Shop
- 1.6.3 Ceramics Zone
- 1.6.4 Classroom
- 1.6.5 CNC Zone
- 1.6.6 Commons Area
- 1.6.7 Craft Room
- 1.6.8 Electronics Lab
- 1.6.9 Fab Lab
- 1.6.10 Glass Zone
- 1.6.11 Infrastructure
- 1.6.12 Injection Molding
- 1.6.13 Jewelry Zone
- 1.6.14 Kitchen Zone
- 1.6.15 Laser Zone
- 1.6.16 Leather Loft
- 1.6.17 Machine Shop
- 1.6.18 Media Lab
- 1.6.19 Tool Crib
- 1.6.20 Vinyl Zone
- 1.6.21 Welding Zone
- 1.6.22 Wiki
- 1.6.23 Wood Shop
- 1.7 Space Project Updates
- 1.8 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 01-03-2023
Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:33 by A'Lisa
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
- Paul Lee - Has been the VP of Activities and Classes for the past 5 years, and is now shifting to Membership. Will still also fill the member advocate. Kitchen zone coordinator when it exists. Does electronics when there is time.
- Matt Arnold - Member since 2011, has served many roles over the years and is currently on the board and Membership. Enjoying giving tours.
- A'Lisa - VP (now in Seattle) likes to work on sewing projects.
New Members & Guests
- Jeremy - Guest working on membership. Likes electronics and circuits. Looking forward to utilizing the space and all of the tools.
- Jayson Brown - Has been in Detroit for about a year and looking to make stuff. Found us via Google maps.
Show and Tell
- Matt Arnold - Photos of a scale model of a 30' dinosaur puppet in the build process. Utilizes bamboo poles and harness for the puppeteers.
- Evan Green - Patent application from great grandfather in 1907. Sharpener for a tailors chalk. Thought it would be neat to make one out of a single block of wood, with a bent metal for cutting.
Outstanding Action Items
- Volunteers to host upcoming Friday tours?
- Paul is usually here.
- Matt might not make it this week
- Up coming Events Calendar
Change Member Meeting Location
- Change Meeting location from Hangouts to i3 Commons area
- Loss of incidental interactions is hurting our community building
- See Email list for a larger argument
- We'll need someone to run the meetings.
- Want to insure someone is present to take minutes.
- Hybrid meeting would be good.
- It's been a challenge for those online to hear as it's difficult to have only one person speaking at a time. Background noise has been an issue, this should improve with expansion.
- Penguicon's meetings were Hybrid for years and seemed to work out well.
- If the chair is online, it should help with keeping in mind that people are online.
- Using a single microphone to pass helps to keep the speaker count down.
Resolution to Recommend Board Change Meeting Location
- Text: We the members of i3Detroit, in order to foster community and transparency, request the i3 Board of Directors to conduct their meetings on i3 premises.
- Does this disqualify someone from serving on the board if they are uncomfortable being in person.
- Should we recommend having 2 board members in the space with the others having the option to be remote.
- Why is the change needed? It improves the social aspect.
- What happens if there isn't sufficient in-person quorum? The meeting would probably still continue with remote, if not.
Help getting things done at i3
- 4 tasks
- Drain parts have arrived. for the kiln zone sink.
- Roger and Thad completed the air line run from the compressor to the rest of A-side
Space Project Updates
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Change the location of member meetings to the i3 Commons area. The online meeting will also be available.||Charlie||Matt Arnold||6||3||PASS|
- Time completed: 20:23
- Attendees: 14
- David Henry
- A'Lisa Krawciw
- Matt Arnold
- Paul Lee
- Gregory Good
- Charlie Rysenga
- Nate B
- Jody Raiford
- Jan Henry
- Evan Green
- Jayson Brown
- Jeremy Glogower
- Has Chen
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20221206||Meeting Minutes 20230207|