Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20220503
- 1 Minutes for 05-03-2022
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Introductions
- 1.3 Show and Tell
- 1.4 Old Business
- 1.5 New Business
- 1.6 Zone updates
- 1.7 =Automotive Zone
- 1.7.1 Bicycle Shop
- 1.7.2 Ceramics Zone
- 1.7.3 Classroom
- 1.7.4 CNC Zone
- 1.7.5 Commons Area
- 1.7.6 Craft Room
- 1.7.7 Electronics Lab
- 1.7.8 Fab Lab
- 1.7.9 Glass Zone
- 1.7.10 Infrastructure
- 1.7.11 Injection Molding
- 1.7.12 Jewelry Zone
- 1.7.13 Laser Zone
- 1.7.14 Leather Loft
- 1.7.15 Machine Shop
- 1.7.16 Media Lab
- 1.7.17 Tool Crib
- 1.7.18 Vinyl Zone
- 1.7.19 Welding Zone
- 1.7.20 Wiki
- 1.7.21 Wood Shop
- 1.8 Space Project Updates
- 1.9 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 05-03-2022
Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:35 by Jamie
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
- Patrick: 22 year old Quaker Parrot: Likes sky zone.
- Mel: Member advocate and former long term guest.
- Jody: Welding zone coordinator
- Jamie: President. Working on new art stuff for lakes of fire. Too much work, not enough time for projects.
New Members & Guests
- Dave Hurt: Dropping in to check things out. Working on a new SIG for combat robotics.
- Sthefanny: In phase 2 of onboarding. Likes arts crafts and learning new things. Was putting logos on coasters by hand. Looking forward to using the laser and/or sandblaster now!
- Eric: Also phase 2 of onboarding. Bike mechanic. Looking to strip the paint from a carbon fiber frame. Also looking to get into welding. Want's to contribute to the bike zone. Likes non-permanent vinyl stickers!
- Tristan: Looking to learn new tools like laser and welding. Won't have much time in the next couple of weeks. Wants to get involved in fundraising for a CNC wood router.
- Would like a CNC router.
- A full DIY is less cost, but more work and more complex.
- A kit is easier, but more costly.
- In the past a number of people have funded it and then sold it over time to i3.
- Much debate with the issues with member owned tools.
- See CNC build or buy in slack
Show and Tell
- Jamie: RGB lightbulbs are neat.
- Dave: Combat robotics chassis for the 1lb class. Uses the 1 and 3lb class. Higher weights are much more expensive. Will be working on some mill work at i3 tomorrow. Custom molded carbon fiber armor. Uses 3D printed molds.
Out Standing Action Items
- Volunteers to host upcoming Friday tours?
- Jamie can cover on Friday this week. Plans to do laser training and then get other members to help.
- Anyone want to do the 2oth? Crickets... People are busy. Mel and Jamie might be able to be there at the start for a bit. Greg will try to attend too.
- Jamie should probably be able to do June 3rd.
- Up coming Events Calendar
- For those in the process of onboarding what's the best way to get into the space?
- Show up for tours.
- New member channel on slack and ask who's going to be in and can host. Mention what cool stuff you hope to work on. Mention it often.
Space Project Updates
- Evan has been doing things. Air lines on B side are almost done.
- Tool crib needs to finish moving.
- Machine shop move needs to move other equipment over.
- Should we bring back work nights?
- Poke Evan in the expansion channel on Slack.
- Would like to build an area. Would be either 6x6 or 8x8 size. Should be collapsible and then could be folded and put away when not in use. Seems very similar to the AV group for the track.
- There is typically a registration. This could help to recoup cost of materials to build it over time.
- Any member can host up to 10 guests. There isn't a limit to hosting more guests for 2 members other than occupancy limits.
Action Item Summary
No action items.
- Time completed: 20:35
- Attendees: 12
- Greg G
- Paul L
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20220405||Meeting Minutes 20220607|