Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20220419
- 1 Minutes for 04-19-2022
- 2 Meeting Location
- 2.1 Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- 2.2 Officer Reports
- 2.3 Committee Reports
- 2.4 Old Business
- 2.5 New Business
- 3 COWBELL
- 4 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 04-19-2022
Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:35 by Jamie
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
Treasurer & Budget
Treasurer's report: https://www.i3detroit.org/SomethingTheTreasurerWillUpdateLater
|Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc.||($)|
|Allocated to Expansion (MEDC)||($)|
- Will be around for May / June meetings.
- Need to think about outside Mural process with Landlord and city now that spring is getting close.
Senior Vice President
- No update.
VP of Activities & Classes
- Normal scheduled activities other than tours this Friday are canceled due to Penguicon.
VP of Membership-Onboarding
Membership status as of 1-April (Delta 1-March to 1-April)
- Scholarship: 9 (+1)
- Hiatus: 122 (-2)
- Onboarding: 100 (+3)
- Member: 144 (+5)
- Left: 58 (0)
- 11 Members on scholarship
- $549 Allocated (35.38% available)
- Average value of $49.91/scholar
- Has not checked box in the space, but nothing electronic reported recently.
- No update.
- Reports only expected in July.
Camera Review Review
- One requested for Welding. Not done yet.
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- Not much
- Discussed approving funds to repair the furnaces then decided the funds had already been allocated and infrastructure could distribute them without board involvement
Outstanding action items
Action Item: Paul - Tour training class.
Action Item: Mel - email member list to find someone to help coordinate hosting the entrepreneur meetup at i3
Completed action items
- Mark: email member list to find someone to help coordinate MEDC fundraiser rewards.
- Do we want to fix the front office heat now, or just wait until late summer to re-visit, at which point we'll forget until fall and then need to panic?
Publishing Banned List
- Non-legal opinion from a lawyer: Probably fine, if we want to be *super* sure it's fine publish the list of banned people and the list of reasons separately.
- That way people can't claim we're lying about them because them getting banned is 100% factual and that is all we are asserting about an individual.
- This would give us everything I want out of a banned list, reasons people get banned, and also the list of people who got banned.
- Anyone object to that happening? No objections, so will work on a draft to get this posted on the wiki.
Action Item Summary
|email member list to find someone to help coordinate hosting the entrepreneur meetup at i3||Mel|
|Tour training class.||Paul|
- Time completed: 20:06
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 10
- Paul Lee
- Matt C
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20220322||Board Meeting Minutes 20220517|