Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20160112
- 1 Agenda for 01-12-2016
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Announcements
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Floor Plan Report
- 1.6 Officer Reports
- 1.7 Lost & Found Party
- 1.8 Action Items
- 1.9 Proposals
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 01-12-2016
'Chair: 'Mike Fink 7:41pm
Discussion about dishes left in the sing again
- Should we have a dishwasher if we don't officially own dishes.
- Should things left after a gathering be treated differently than individual items.
Board and Officer Attendance Expectations
- Charlie Discussion to add attendance expectations for officers and board members to inform fellow members of expected absences from board meetings. No official proposal or adjustment, but will be added to the how-to pages for officers and board members.
Floor Plan Report
Treasury and Budget Report for December, 2016
Financial Grade: A Emergency: $10K Checking : $7.0K Classroom 60% paid. 84 Subscriptions 12 annuals - Goal 100 total. Note that in prior months some may have been double counted if a subscription was re-activated. Slightly below planned dues in December. For December we exited with 130 members, 7 scholarships, 50 hiatus.
In 2015 we had 49 members who were recorded as permanently exiting. Of the 50 members we had on Hiatus on Dec 31, 2015 23 of them started their hiatus in 2015 and 27 prior. 66 new members joined in 2015. On Jan1, 2015 paying membership was 136. On Jan 1, 2016 it was 130. Most of the work is for dealing with those who do not have subscriptions.
- Officer Template page is fixed. Thanks Jamie and Evan!
- Set reminders to send out notices for meetings both board and membership.
- Provided assistance to the Michigan Engineering Zone with building their practice Field for the coming season.
- Working with 4H to put on another networking event.
- Attended the Hazel Park Art Council's monthly meeting.
- Exploring Networking opportunities with other organizations.
Senior Vice President
- Recruitment and retention.
- Looking for outside vendors to come in and do various demonstrations.
- Design/3D Print signs for placement in challenged "Zones/Common" areas within i3. - There are a number of complaints about cleanliness. The first round of signs will target this issue. - Add periodic reminders of what how to be excellent is.
- Proposal development for vendor sponsored mini workshops and seminars.
- Contacting Nate B. to setup a time for discussions and potential training on entering new memberships to the back-end of the membership system.
VP of Activities & Classes
- Lots of classes during January
- i3 will host Poor Man Props for one of their workshops - January 30th
- Need to reserve commons area and request quiet show from 12-3 pm
- Their members are interested in seeing i3 facility.
- Could be potential for many new members
- Looking for classes for February
- Looking for projects to post on i3 blog
- i3 will be hosting a speaker from USPTO in March after one of the member meetings
- Penguicon 2016 - April 29th - May 1st
- Discount tickets available now
- Anyone looking for assistance with documenting a project, see James for help.
VP of Membership-Onboarding
- Looking to train others on the signup process, and possible have some keys in stock with known pins to pass out. Pins can then be changed later.
VP of Membership-Retention
Four months have passed since the last email to the general membership, reminding them of the availability of the Member Advocate resource. So it's time for a new one. It will go out later this week.
Have orientation sessions so new members know how to find stuff.
Lost & Found Party
|Schedule a date to discuss how to reduce workload for membership on-boarding and help members to find information.||Charlie|
|Box up things and place in lost and found.||Mike F and Corey T|
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|i3Detroit will not own non-disposable dishes for individual use, including plates, bowls, cups, and eating utensils.
This measure neither requires nor prohibits the group from continuing to provide and replenish a stock of disposable equivalents. The group will continue to own non-disposable containers and utensils which are designed to dispense food or drinks to an entire gathering.Non-disposable dishes for individual use will be treated like any other abandoned property.
|Jamie Burdeski||Matt Arnold||6||0||PASS|
|Make official the new kiln zone boundary to include the space from the current gate to the edge of the common area marked by the yellow line.||Matt Huber||Leora Druckman||7||0||PASS|
- Time completed: 8:54
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 14
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20151208||Board Meeting Minutes 20160209|