Brita Water Filter
|This page contains historical information. It is provided for reference but does not reflect current information or policy.|
Hi, I'm a Brita Water Filter, I live in the door of the white refrigerator.
How To Use
- Check if the filter needs to be changed, if it does, see here
- Get a suitable beverage container
- Pour yourself some filtered water
- Refill the pitcher by putting more whater in the top white part of the pitcher.
- Pay $0.25 into the Pop Fund Cup
How To Change the Filter
The filter needs to be changed and the pitcher needs to be washed approximately every 2 months.
- Throw out the old filter.
- Wash all parts of the pitcher thoroughly with soap and warm water! MOST IMPORTANT STEP
- Get a new filter from the kitchen cabinet
- On the Filter Change Record, write the current date in the "Filter New Date" column, add 2 months to the current date and write that in the "Filter Change Date" column.
- If the record is full, replace it with a new one, copies are with the new filters, or print a new one here and use the laminator from the Craft Room.
- Follow the instructions for the new filter
- Immerse the filter in cold water for a few seconds and shake it gently to remove any air bubbles
- Insert the new filter into the pitcher so that the slot in the filter lines up with the rib in the pitcher's filter recepticle
- Fill the top part of the pitcher with cold water and let it drain, and pour out the water on the "Flower Zone" if it's seasonally appropriate.
- Repeat the previous step again (don't question! just do it, this is part of the manufacturer's instructions!).
- Now the filter is ready to use, fill the pitcher once more and put it back in the white refrigerator.