Revision as of 07:12, 31 March 2010 by Nullspace
i3 Vending machine:
- The controller that recognizes bill images might need to be updated or replaced
- Cash (see bill acceptor) - RFID, debit the members account and invoice them through e-mail and let the Treasure know of payment due or overdue.
- Credit card, bill the credit card via amazon or paypal.
- Bar code and passkey. Buy it online and get a QR code and passkey in your email. Scan the QR code and enter the passkey and it will vend the product. It will reserve at least one item they bought online.
- Crediting/ Paying off the account can be handled via the machine or the online payment system.
- TCP/IP over ethernet with a server backend that processes and logs purchases. - How to handle encryption of transactions?
- How do we add functionality yet keep the power requirements low?
*embedded ARM based computer? *Beefy microcontroller?
- Webcam linked to tilt/ shake sensor. Take picture of someone shaking the machine, post it online for ridicule
Surprises/ challenges and Easter Eggs
- Prizes for buying so much from the vending machine should be rewarded - Monthly challenges