|Remember to always; clean up and return the equipment to a fully functional, safe state before you leave. This includes returning any safety mechanisms to fully working order.|
Six theater lights are currently installed at i3 Detroit. There are five spotlights and one floodlight. All five spotlights were working at the time they were installed. The floodlight is missing its bulb. Other theater lights are in the user storage area. There are also two four-channel dimmer modules (w/o controller) in the user storage area.
- Ownership: Nick Britsky
- Location: The six installed lights are mounted on overhead pipes, above the commons table area.
- What it looks like:
- Make/Model: Lights: TBD, dimmer modules: American-DJ BPP-20
- Part Number: TBD
- Please make sure that every theater light clamped to the overhead pipes has a safety chain/cable installed. At this writing, all six installed lights have safety chains.
Turn it On
Switch on circuit breakers 17 and 23b (labeled "Theater Lights") in the office subpanel on the south wall of the shop area. There are plans to make this more convenient, so stay tuned ...
Turn it Off
Switch off circuit breakers 17 and 23b (labeled "Theater Lights") in the office subpanel on the south wall of the shop area. There are plans to make this more convenient, so stay tuned ...
- Unofficial electronic schematic of BPP-20 dimmer module (Note that these modules have a proprietary controller interface, not a DMX512 interface.)
Things that Need to be Done
- A more convenient way to control (i. e., dim) the spotlights, possibly integrated with the space automation system (or via Twitter, which might be even more entertaining).
- A bulb for the floodlight.
- Which circuit breakers power the theater lights? The outlet at the south end of the mounting pipe nearest to the Tree House is on the 15 Amp circuit breaker 17 in the office subpanel on the south wall of the shop area. The power cord that runs from the overhead junction box on the north side of the theater light mounting pipes is on the 20 Amp circuit breaker 23b in the office subpanel on the south wall of the shop area.
- How many lights can be powered? Currently, there is one 15A circuit and one 20A circuit. Each spotlight draws 6.2A at full brightness, so there should be adequate power for five spotlights. Anecdote has it that the floodlight draws significantly more current than a spotlight, but there is no bulb in the floodlight at present so this cannot be quantified.