Difference between revisions of "Sanford Surface Grinder"
(Initial contents of new page)
Latest revision as of 08:31, 10 November 2012
|Remember to always; clean up and return the equipment to a fully functional, safe state before you leave. This includes returning any safety mechanisms to fully working order.|
Sanford Surface Grinder
This highly specialized grinder is really only useful for one thing: making a machined-flat surface on a ferrous workpiece even flatter.
- Ownership: TBD, best contact is Steve Hermann
- Location: The surface grinder is installed in the south-west corner of the machine shop.
- What it looks like:
- Make/Model: Sanford MG
- Part Number: S/N 50.237 M
- Training and careful operation are mandatory for the safety of the operator, the machine, and anyone working in the vicinity.
- Even though this resembles a vertical mill, it is NOT operated like a vertical mill.
- Vertical mill training is not a substitute for surface grinder training.