Revision as of 13:17, 24 June 2012 by Cmounts
Post your project ideas here. No idea is too big or too small!
Interested in working on something? You can leave comments and sign your name under an idea with ~~~~.
- User Run Wireless Mesh - Member and non-member supported wireless mesh. It would be a potential LAN linking members to the workshop. It would be useful for robotics projects.
- Multitouch table - for the lounge area
- MAME cabinet - for entertainment in the space
- Security system - use web cam for monitoring the space
- Hackerspace Management Software - integrates with wiki accounts to track contact info, project listing, meeting scheduling / attendance, responsibilities, etc.
- i3 Robot - remotely controlled for telepresence.
- Vending Machine - food, electronics, geeky bits
Router Based IRC or Twitter Feed to TV/ Projector:
Using a Router with USB ports we can add a USB-VGA adapter and display the I3 twitter feed or the IRC channel: Articles: http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddVGAAdapter Devices: Basically any router that has OpenWRT support for the usb chipset ASUS WL-520gU - $34 Ideal: Find a way to have the router output to a analog signal that can be RF modulated so the signal can be sent to a RF Coax input.
Ybox2 for IRC/ Twitter feed: