Difference between revisions of "Meeting Minutes 20140617"

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search
(CNC Zone)
(minutes minuted.)
 
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
=Agenda=
 
=Agenda=
'''Chair Justin Triplett'''
+
'''Chair Marie-therese Enga'''
  
  
 
==Introductions==
 
==Introductions==
 +
*Julien-guest, new to detroit, likes to make the things
 +
*Marie-hates responsibility, not usually here. Says all the other officers are slackers
 +
*Matt Arnold- Has a birthday. It is today.
  
 
==Action Item Review==
 
==Action Item Review==
 
==== Kitchen Door at Maker Faire ====
 
==== Kitchen Door at Maker Faire ====
* Andrew M. - Register kitchen door iris with Maker Faire
+
* Andrew M. - Register kitchen door iris with Maker Faire.
 
* Done
 
* Done
 +
* We need a temporary door during maker faire.
  
 
==== Painting the Roses Red ====
 
==== Painting the Roses Red ====
 
* Max - paint the switches bright so people can see them for shutdown
 
* Max - paint the switches bright so people can see them for shutdown
 
* In progress
 
* In progress
 +
* Some switches are painted. Others are vile temptresses.
  
 
==== New Sign ====
 
==== New Sign ====
Line 25: Line 30:
  
 
==Show and Tell==
 
==Show and Tell==
 +
* i3 Sign - Jason made it.
 +
* Electric Bike- Ken S
 +
* Leather stamp made on the Haas by Brian W
  
 
==New Business==
 
==New Business==
 
=== Replacement Secretary ===
 
=== Replacement Secretary ===
 
* Konrad is now president, still doing secretary but would like someone else to take it.
 
* Konrad is now president, still doing secretary but would like someone else to take it.
 +
* [[User:pajamapuma | Jamie]] volunteers
 +
* Everyone loves Jamie <3
  
 
=== Ed Resigns from Board ===
 
=== Ed Resigns from Board ===
 
* Appoint a new board member to maintain ranks, or just wait until the next election?
 
* Appoint a new board member to maintain ranks, or just wait until the next election?
 +
* Conflicting rules about whether we need to appoint a new board member.
 +
* If you have an opinion on this, email the board!
 +
* There are lots of discrepancies in the bylaws, as a side note, and we always need volunteers to help improve them.
  
 
=== Pot Lock Planning===
 
=== Pot Lock Planning===
Line 38: Line 51:
 
* List of tasks is on [[ToDo]], something for every skill level.
 
* List of tasks is on [[ToDo]], something for every skill level.
 
* Could use your help encouraging newbie members to come
 
* Could use your help encouraging newbie members to come
 +
* Sign up for food-bringing: [[Potlock Menu Planning]]
  
 
=== July 1st Member Meeting ===
 
=== July 1st Member Meeting ===
Line 44: Line 58:
 
* Should it be canceled for the holiday?
 
* Should it be canceled for the holiday?
 
* Konrad will be out of town.
 
* Konrad will be out of town.
 +
* Whoever shows up will have a meeting, maybe things will even get done.
  
 
=== July 8th Board Meeting ===
 
=== July 8th Board Meeting ===
Line 51: Line 66:
 
* The commons area is likely to be the best location for this and it would conflict with a Board meeting.
 
* The commons area is likely to be the best location for this and it would conflict with a Board meeting.
 
* The board meeting should be moved to a different date or canceled.
 
* The board meeting should be moved to a different date or canceled.
 +
* Tell your board if you have an opinion
  
 
=== Integrated Space Plan ===
 
=== Integrated Space Plan ===
 
(Nate B)
 
(Nate B)
 
* It's a cool poster we printed
 
* It's a cool poster we printed
 +
* Conceptual tool to map humanity's expansion into the cosmos
 
* They're making a new one, and a few members would like to chip in and get i3's logo put on it
 
* They're making a new one, and a few members would like to chip in and get i3's logo put on it
 
* No use of group funds, just asking for a thumbs-up that this would be an appropriate use of the name and logo
 
* No use of group funds, just asking for a thumbs-up that this would be an appropriate use of the name and logo
  
 
=== Re-appointing Zone Wardens: Member input ===
 
=== Re-appointing Zone Wardens: Member input ===
Zones without an official board-appointed warden (as of the last board meeting)
+
Email the board if you want to volunteer or have any opinions
 +
Zones without an official board-appointed warden (as  
 +
of the last board meeting)
 
*Graveyard
 
*Graveyard
 
*Welding
 
*Welding
Line 71: Line 90:
  
 
=== Membership===
 
=== Membership===
*Coordinating
+
* Max will be gone a lot in July and needs help
*Tours
+
* Coordinating-needs volunteers
*i3 and the public
+
* Tours
 +
* i3 and the public-if you can't promote the space in a thoroughly awesome way, ask for help or direct visitors to max
 +
* delegate information-giving on tours. Everyone has different areas of expertise.
  
 
==Zone updates==
 
==Zone updates==
 
===Bike Zone===
 
===Bike Zone===
 +
*Jason doesn't know if he wants to still be warden.
  
 
===CNC Zone===
 
===CNC Zone===
Line 83: Line 105:
 
**price dropped
 
**price dropped
 
**2 more interested people but no second lookers
 
**2 more interested people but no second lookers
*Sherline CNC Mill
+
*Sherline CNC Mill (the mini-mill)
 
**assembled but having a motor timing issue that is keeping it from being functional
 
**assembled but having a motor timing issue that is keeping it from being functional
 
*Haas
 
*Haas
Line 93: Line 115:
  
 
===Compute Zone===
 
===Compute Zone===
 +
no update, need to reschedule next month's compute zone orientation
  
 
===Craft Room===
 
===Craft Room===
 +
cricut is still working! ask nate or kevin or the wiki how to work it
  
 
===E Lab===
 
===E Lab===
  
 
===Fab Lab===
 
===Fab Lab===
 +
New plastic will be in soon, like next week
  
 
===Kiln Zone===
 
===Kiln Zone===
  
 
===Laser Zone===
 
===Laser Zone===
 +
Matt learned how to adjust/aim the mirror from Roger and wants to spread the knowledge
  
 
===Metal Shop===
 
===Metal Shop===
  
 
===Tool Crib===
 
===Tool Crib===
 +
Charlie is the new warden! Let him know if you want new tools.
 +
Tool Crib wishlist is on the whiteboard over the
  
 
===Tree House===
 
===Tree House===
 +
Laundry has been done
  
 
===Vinyl Zone===
 
===Vinyl Zone===
 +
Rolling in the dough. Tell warden what you want
  
 
===Welding Zone===
 
===Welding Zone===
 +
Give us money for consumables and don't leave the gas on!!
 +
 +
=== Injection Molding ===
 +
Charlie and warnick are repairing it. Talk to them if you want to help
  
 
===Wood Shop===
 
===Wood Shop===
 +
No news
 +
 +
== Announcements ==
 +
* Pot lock-This saturday, June 21st
 +
** Throw out all the things before pot-lock so there's room in the dumpster
 +
* Red Bull- show up at 8pm on July 8th and watch the team be like "Aahhhhhhhhh!"
 +
* Day of Making Wednesday 6/18. Talk to charlie, try to get retweeted by @whittehouse
  
 
==Action Items==
 
==Action Items==
* Greg S. - Start sign committee, check back in July (info this mtg)
+
* Email board members if you have opinions on literally anything
* Max - paint the switches bright so people can see them for shutdown
+
  
 
==Broom Party==
 
==Broom Party==
 +
All the Things were Swept.
  
=Meeting Metrics=
+
== Meeting Metrics ==
* Time completed:
+
* Time completed: 8:02
* Funds appropriated:
+
* Funds appropriated: $0
* Attendees:
+
 
+
===Attendance===
==Attendance==
+
  
 
{{Scroll Box
 
{{Scroll Box
Line 134: Line 174:
 
|text=
 
|text=
 
* Justin Triplett
 
* Justin Triplett
 +
* Marie-Therese Enga
 +
*Matt Gardeski
 +
*James O'Dell-guest
 +
*Ken siegner
 +
*Gary Morin
 +
*Dave Scholl
 +
*Mike Fink
 +
* Adrienne Patterson
 +
* Bruce Webber
 +
* Sean Denny
 +
* Nate Bezanson
 +
*Ben Davis
 +
*Julian del Campo
 +
* Matt Huber
 +
*Maxwell Gonyea-Alexander
 +
*Steve Nowicki
 +
*Jason Dudycha
 +
* Andrew Meyer
 +
* Mark Arnent
 +
* Matt Arnold
 +
*Jamie Burdeski
 +
 
}}
 
}}

Latest revision as of 17:28, 17 June 2014


Contents

Agenda

Chair Marie-therese Enga


Introductions

  • Julien-guest, new to detroit, likes to make the things
  • Marie-hates responsibility, not usually here. Says all the other officers are slackers
  • Matt Arnold- Has a birthday. It is today.

Action Item Review

Kitchen Door at Maker Faire

  • Andrew M. - Register kitchen door iris with Maker Faire.
  • Done
  • We need a temporary door during maker faire.

Painting the Roses Red

  • Max - paint the switches bright so people can see them for shutdown
  • In progress
  • Some switches are painted. Others are vile temptresses.

New Sign

  • Greg S. - Start sign committee, check back in July (info this mtg)
  • Looks like we are in the 25 Square feet arena,
  • That is about right, i am thinking mounting it over the overhead door, biggest problem is maintaining it if out has lighting
  • Some thoughts:
    • We have a logo, and that is our Identity, if we change it much on our sign do we change it on all things ???
    • The sign itself can be creative, but remember it has to be maintained.

Show and Tell

  • i3 Sign - Jason made it.
  • Electric Bike- Ken S
  • Leather stamp made on the Haas by Brian W

New Business

Replacement Secretary

  • Konrad is now president, still doing secretary but would like someone else to take it.
  • Jamie volunteers
  • Everyone loves Jamie <3

Ed Resigns from Board

  • Appoint a new board member to maintain ranks, or just wait until the next election?
  • Conflicting rules about whether we need to appoint a new board member.
  • If you have an opinion on this, email the board!
  • There are lots of discrepancies in the bylaws, as a side note, and we always need volunteers to help improve them.

Pot Lock Planning

(Nate B)

  • Pot lock is coming up on Saturday June 21st
  • List of tasks is on ToDo, something for every skill level.
  • Could use your help encouraging newbie members to come
  • Sign up for food-bringing: Potlock Menu Planning

July 1st Member Meeting

  • Point of Contact: Konrad B
  • Will enough people be there because the 4th of July is coming up?
  • Should it be canceled for the holiday?
  • Konrad will be out of town.
  • Whoever shows up will have a meeting, maybe things will even get done.

July 8th Board Meeting

  • Point of Contact: Konrad B
  • This meeting will coincide with the launch of Red Bull Creation.
  • We plan to have a "ground control" crew to aid our Red Bull team with ideation.
  • The commons area is likely to be the best location for this and it would conflict with a Board meeting.
  • The board meeting should be moved to a different date or canceled.
  • Tell your board if you have an opinion

Integrated Space Plan

(Nate B)

  • It's a cool poster we printed
  • Conceptual tool to map humanity's expansion into the cosmos
  • They're making a new one, and a few members would like to chip in and get i3's logo put on it
  • No use of group funds, just asking for a thumbs-up that this would be an appropriate use of the name and logo

Re-appointing Zone Wardens: Member input

Email the board if you want to volunteer or have any opinions Zones without an official board-appointed warden (as of the last board meeting)

  • Graveyard
  • Welding
  • Injection Molding
  • Commons Area
  • Treehouse/Whiteboard room
  • Laser Cutter
  • Bike Shop
  • Vinyl Shop
  • Metal Shop

Membership

  • Max will be gone a lot in July and needs help
  • Coordinating-needs volunteers
  • Tours
  • i3 and the public-if you can't promote the space in a thoroughly awesome way, ask for help or direct visitors to max
  • delegate information-giving on tours. Everyone has different areas of expertise.

Zone updates

Bike Zone

  • Jason doesn't know if he wants to still be warden.

CNC Zone

  • Point of contact: Brian W
  • Bridgeport Sale
    • price dropped
    • 2 more interested people but no second lookers
  • Sherline CNC Mill (the mini-mill)
    • assembled but having a motor timing issue that is keeping it from being functional
  • Haas
    • a leather stamp was made from brass on the Haas
    • sample is on the bench by the Haas if you want to have a look
  • CNC Plasma
    • Steel sheeting should be arriving for downdraft early this week
    • hope to have the down draft complete by the end of next week

Compute Zone

no update, need to reschedule next month's compute zone orientation

Craft Room

cricut is still working! ask nate or kevin or the wiki how to work it

E Lab

Fab Lab

New plastic will be in soon, like next week

Kiln Zone

Laser Zone

Matt learned how to adjust/aim the mirror from Roger and wants to spread the knowledge

Metal Shop

Tool Crib

Charlie is the new warden! Let him know if you want new tools. Tool Crib wishlist is on the whiteboard over the

Tree House

Laundry has been done

Vinyl Zone

Rolling in the dough. Tell warden what you want

Welding Zone

Give us money for consumables and don't leave the gas on!!

Injection Molding

Charlie and warnick are repairing it. Talk to them if you want to help

Wood Shop

No news

Announcements

  • Pot lock-This saturday, June 21st
    • Throw out all the things before pot-lock so there's room in the dumpster
  • Red Bull- show up at 8pm on July 8th and watch the team be like "Aahhhhhhhhh!"
  • Day of Making Wednesday 6/18. Talk to charlie, try to get retweeted by @whittehouse

Action Items

  • Email board members if you have opinions on literally anything

Broom Party

All the Things were Swept.

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 8:02
  • Funds appropriated: $0

Attendance

  • Justin Triplett
  • Marie-Therese Enga
  • Matt Gardeski
  • James O'Dell-guest
  • Ken siegner
  • Gary Morin
  • Dave Scholl
  • Mike Fink
  • Adrienne Patterson
  • Bruce Webber
  • Sean Denny
  • Nate Bezanson
  • Ben Davis
  • Julian del Campo
  • Matt Huber
  • Maxwell Gonyea-Alexander
  • Steve Nowicki
  • Jason Dudycha
  • Andrew Meyer
  • Mark Arnent
  • Matt Arnold
  • Jamie Burdeski