Difference between revisions of "Meeting Minutes 20131015"
(Created page with "=Agenda= '''Chair Justin Triplett''' ==Introductions== * Random, existing member goes first. Hi Nate B. ** E Lab warden ** Genie's mommy ** Has an opinion on everything * Tho...")
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''Chair Justin Triplett'''
'''Chair Justin Triplett'''
Latest revision as of 17:29, 15 October 2013
Chair Justin Triplett
- Random, existing member goes first. Hi Nate B.
- E Lab warden
- Genie's mommy
- Has an opinion on everything
- Thomas. Life is a medium, having fun with them.
- Brad. Makes theater props.
- Ken. Mech E. works with Matt O. at Eaton
- Call for Interested Members to Define Instructions/Rules for Use of Carts and wheeled cabinetry. -Terry W.
- Open meeting for members to come up with ideas about what rules might apply to use of carts or occupying carts in the space
- How rules might apply for carts belonging to specific zones
- Are carts just like tables?
- Happening 7pm Wednesday October 23rd, will last about 30 minutes
- Requires more of your personal information?
- Not true, paying through CRM or paying initial dues still works the same way.
- If you go to Amazon directly and then try to pay i3, they try to sign you up for Amazon's service that competes with PayPal
Urban Sensor Hack
- i3 was invited to participate in a nationwide competition hosted by Make
- EMI Sensors were made
- Margaret, Justin and Mark worked on it
- Report being sent in tomorrow night
- YouTube video to summarize the project
- A last minute cool thing to do
- i3 Detroit Has an official YouTube channel
Cleaning Supply Cabinet / Acid Cabinet
- It's a chemical disaster in the making -Andrew M.
- Muriatic acid in there? No good.
- Looking at a dedicated acids cabinet
- Want a new cabinet that is similar to the existing cleaning supplies cabinet
- Possible lead with university surplus warehouses -Matt S.
- October 26th
- Call for your old decorations
- Bring them to us on Thursday, 7:00 to 7:30, check the calendar
- And take them back after the party
- Sam L has some to bring
- Max makes Halloween Mason Jars
- Check it out Friday night (10/18)
- Tickets are sold out, but they're still looking for volunteers
- Probably the night shift (till 4 in the morning)
- Biggest costume party in Detroit
- Costume has to be self-made
- New components ordered, $120 of stuff coming from China
- We want the Genie fixed by the time the new CNC machine comes
- Email posted to list requesting help with the Genie
- Nate will send out a new update on that email tonight
- 40W laser cutter up and running
- Classes to follow
- Rostock 3D printer running
- TODO list on Wiki
- Basic clean up to extensive modifications
- Put your name on the list if you want to champion something on the list
- Fail noisily if you sign up for something and later find you are having trouble completing your task whether due to time or your skill level
- Ask for help or instruction if you need some.
- A blog post made about a class
Bob RossRob Boss
- Questions, why are we doing this?
- Discussion headed to the list
- Class was for all external people
- We don't make money off of it - donations did not brake even with costs
- Cost about $300, we took in about $200
- Candy wrappers littering all over, please use the garbage can that is located by the top of the stairs
- Pumpkin Carving Contest 10/25
- 1st 2nd and 3rd place prices
- Event on Facebook, also Google Calendar
- 3 Celebrity judges
- i3 Halloween Party 10/26
- No updates
- Router workshop next Wednesday at 7:30pm, on Google Calendar
- Thickness planer donated
- About a $300 value
- Makes a sheet of wood thinner, and parallel, flat surfaces on either face
- Fab Lab door was remounted to open outward instead of into the Fab Lab
- Wood engraving with the 40W laser and Photoshop, looks pretty neat
- Glass kiln is up and operational
- Public class happened last week
- Member class is coming up soon
- Glass fusing and jewelry classes to come
- Ceramics kiln planned to be operational and tested by the end of October
- Need to do some work with swapping out the temperature controller between kilns, then test it to make sure it doesn't cause a problem
- Free snacks, not really.
- Terry W has taken responsibility for the snacks and beverages in the white fridge and vending machine
- Repairs planned for the refrigerator
- Have ideas for different snacks? Email Terry W.
- Terry is using his Costco membership to get discounted goods
- Surplus is used to fund i3's presence at Maker Faire, and after party
- Drill press
- Looking for a fairly specific kind
- Gear headed drill press
- Contact Brian if you come across one
- Budget around $600
- It will take a while to find one at that price point
- Brian is looking for someone to take over for zone wardenship in the Machine Shop because he is busy with the CNC Zone
- Manager at donating company is being "flexible" about the date we will receive the new CNC
- Maybe happening on October 28th?
- Clearing of Tool Crib and Robotics Zone will probably start happening Sunday the 20th, before the CNC machine arrives
- Tool Crib is swapping places with the current CNC Zone
- Nate B. suggests using the vinyl cutter to spruce up the labels on the Bridgeport logos on the old CNC machine in hopes that it might fetch a better price
- CNC Lathe
- Needs a new controller
- Had a Fanuc controller from late 80's
- It wasn't very good even when new
- Looking at a Mach 3 controller
- Brian wants to keep and use existing connectors on stepper motors
- Also installing a PC into the cabinet
- Looking for volunteers
- Do you have a passion for hand tools?
- Championed by Jason D.
- Workbench being repaired on Saturday
- Probably should paint a phoenix on it or something.
- Tools will be acquired soon
- Basic stuff like spoke wrenches, chain breakers, etc.
- Jason is making a bicycle repair stand
- (star) Maddy Winans
- (spiral) Maxwell Gonyea-Alexander
- (square) Matt Oehrlein
- Greg Smith
- Terry Wyan
- (house) Matt Huber
- Dave Scholl
- Margaret Lyell
- Matt Switlick
- Matt Arnold
- Reverend Al Greene
- Thomas Shui
- Chris Allington
- Kristoffer Marshall
- Sam Letvin
- Aaron Greenwell
- Bradford Stephens
- Shelley Mikloski
- Brian W
- Mark Miles
- Devon Truscott
- Alicia Dewan