Difference between revisions of "Meeting Minutes 20090609"

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search
(Attendees:)
m (Added categories)
 
(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 14: Line 14:
 
'''Electronics recycling event'''
 
'''Electronics recycling event'''
  
Planned for June 27th.
+
Moved Fundraiser to Saturday July 11th.
 +
 
 +
Russ to email Tommy if date change will work for still using the parking lot
 +
 
 +
We need to have someone right a press release and put it out there to spread the word.
 +
 
 +
We need someone to put a flyer together for the event.
 +
 
 +
We need to come up with a plan for advertising.
 +
 
 +
We need to set pricing next week for recycling.
 +
 
 +
Russ still working on sponsors and getting more items.
 +
 
 +
We can use silicon alley for some of the recycling.
  
 
'''Sponsors'''
 
'''Sponsors'''
  
Russ has been in contact with several sponsors including Drobo, Monster (energy drink), iRobot and more.
+
We have lost contact with a few sponsors who are no longer responding.
  
 
'''Insurance'''
 
'''Insurance'''
  
Russ has gotten word that liability insurance would cover the group as a whole not just at our location.
+
Liability Insurance will cost us around $300 - $350 per year for a 1 million dollar policy
Price quote is still coming.
+
  
'''Alternate meeting location'''
+
'''By-laws'''
  
Oak park library is free. Royal Oak Library - ??. Madison Heights Library - cost $60.
+
Nate was able to get most of the By-Laws completed we reviewed as a group. Made some changes after discussion. Nate was to post items that we need to clarify with a lawyer before voting on them.
 +
 
 +
Ted was going to see if he could have a family/friend lawyer answer these questions.  
  
 
'''Intellectual Property questions'''
 
'''Intellectual Property questions'''
  
What is the status of IP that might be developed at i3?
+
We decided to put into our By-laws that all project rights are owned by the individual or group that is working on a project and that i3 Detroit has no rights to all projects.
  
Does i3 need to make any arrangements for members that are covered under NDAs from their employers.
+
'''Point System for space communities'''
  
'''Tracking Software Project'''
+
We discussed the option of putting together a point system for individuals to earn points to help pay for member dues, pop, etc... when an individual provides extra effort at fundraisers and shop up keep.
 
+
'''Bylaws'''
+
 
+
Nate will draft a set of bylaws to be voted on at the next meeting. Direct your concerns to him ASAP.
+
  
  
 
----
 
----
 +
 +
[[Category:Meeting Minutes‏]]
 +
[[Category:Organization Information]]

Latest revision as of 08:22, 9 August 2012

Contents

Meeting Minutes of June 9th, 2009

Location:

Oak Park Library, Oak Park

Attendees:

  • Ted Hansen
  • Russ Wolfe
  • Nate Bezanson
  • Ed Platt
  • Matt Switlik

Agenda

Electronics recycling event

Moved Fundraiser to Saturday July 11th.

Russ to email Tommy if date change will work for still using the parking lot

We need to have someone right a press release and put it out there to spread the word.

We need someone to put a flyer together for the event.

We need to come up with a plan for advertising.

We need to set pricing next week for recycling.

Russ still working on sponsors and getting more items.

We can use silicon alley for some of the recycling.

Sponsors

We have lost contact with a few sponsors who are no longer responding.

Insurance

Liability Insurance will cost us around $300 - $350 per year for a 1 million dollar policy

By-laws

Nate was able to get most of the By-Laws completed we reviewed as a group. Made some changes after discussion. Nate was to post items that we need to clarify with a lawyer before voting on them.

Ted was going to see if he could have a family/friend lawyer answer these questions.

Intellectual Property questions

We decided to put into our By-laws that all project rights are owned by the individual or group that is working on a project and that i3 Detroit has no rights to all projects.

Point System for space communities

We discussed the option of putting together a point system for individuals to earn points to help pay for member dues, pop, etc... when an individual provides extra effort at fundraisers and shop up keep.