HOWTO Close up the space
Revision as of 21:44, 12 August 2013 by JodyBug
So, it's been a long day of hacking and you're the last one in the space. It's finally time to go home. But wait! Aren't you forgetting something?
- Put your project away. Don't leave it on a workbench. Label it so others know it's yours. Name AND contact info!
- Put tools back in the places from which you got them, or more correctly the place where they belong.
- Sweep sawdust, wires, etc. from the floor.
- Are the trash can bags full? Throw 'em in the dumpster. New bags are in the black "Cleaning Supplies" cabinet.
- Is it Wednesday night? Prep the recycling bin and put it out by the pole.
- If you did something the group should know about, make a post to the Google group! Maybe even a blog entry!
- West shop fans (switch near men's bathroom)
- West / rear shop lights (breakers near water heater)
- Genie (aerial work platform) plugged in
- Windows closed and locked
- Air compressor electrically off (switchbox at top/front of tank)
- Air compressor valve closed (black handle perpendicular to the pipe)
- Machine-shop lights off
- Machine-shop radio off
- Thermostats (on wall by CNC) set back to Run (or 45 deg)
- Rooftop vent fans (switches near thermostats) off
- Double-check tables are clear, retract cord-reels
- (Abandoned junk to trash or where-does-this-go bin)
- Stereo off (amplifiers in rack)
- Commons-area lights off (3 switches behind rack)
- Argon tank valve closed tight (clockwise). You can tell by the green light by the front door
CO2 tank regulator removed, wrench is hanging next to window above tanks
- Thermostat (wall by small lab) set back to Run
- Coffee pot (corner of kitchen) off, grounds basket empty, urn clean
- Front (glass) door closed and locked, just give it a yank
- Front hallway (fire exit!) clear, items on floor instantly to graveyard.
- Stinky garbage out before it gets stinkier
- Roll-up garage door latch fully engaged (look for green lights on panel)
- Fans off
- Twitterbot switch down, make sure light goes off (May take up to a full minute)
- Door-area light off
THANK YOU TREMENDOUSLY for your thoroughness!