Revision as of 17:01, 21 March 2011 by Evolutioneer
Began at 7:30 PM
Members in attendance:
- Mario Corsetti
- Nate Warnick
- Ryan Busch
- Ed Platt
- Ross Smith
- Aaron Dubin
- Laurie Dubin
- Matt Switlik
- Ed reviews the PDF we received describing the contest, its purpose, the goals
- How reproducible is the project?
- How easily can the project parts be sourced anywhere in the world?
- How low-cost is the project?
- How well-documented is the project?
- How relevant is the project to helping education today?
- How inventive and creative is the design and build of the project?
- Translate the project documentation into several languages to extend the global scope
- Consider hackerspaces and contacts worldwide to provide information to us about project "buildability" and usefulness
- Holy grail: an electronics project that a classroom can build and then use. Kids learn to build hands-on and then get to use the project as part of a lesson plan
- Mario: To keep the scale down (5 microcontrollers and power sources instead of 30), let's think of classroom set-ups like "buzzer games" where 5 students participate in a rotating game that everyone else gets to watch
- Ross: Project may be a long-running project that builds up, allowing kids to experiment by writing components and software for it, and which submits its results to a global site or interchange for others engaged in the same platform
- Ed: We're building a prototype; don't have to figure out a business production process, just build a working demo of the concept
- Project does not need to necessarily be a learning project for students to build; it could solve a systemic problem in the classroom, or outside of the classroom
- Aaron: A project that downloads a lot of content to a portable laptop or system for distributing content to internet-less areas
- Rocco: A portable projector with a flat lens for enlarging projections
- Let's do some video posts with our blogs
- What do they consider a mobile/portable power source?
- How will reimbursement work?
- How much video footage are you looking for? Do you want mini updates or are you hopingn we collect bojllions of minutes?